Learning TRENDS by Elliott Masie - July 19, 2012.
#731 - Updates on Learning, Business & Technology.
55,754 Readers - www.masie.com - twitter: emasie - The MASIE Center.
Host, Learning 2012 - Oct 21 to 24, Orlando, FL - www.learning2012.com
1. Research Internships and Learning Leaders Wanted!
2. Marathons of Video and Learning?
3. See Collaborator Run!
1. Research Internships and Learning Leaders Wanted: We are very excited about the new programs and efforts of The MASIE Center and are actively looking for a few Research Interns and several Learning Leaders to join our team. As we open up our Asia Learning Project, expand our Learning LAB here in Saratoga Springs and grow the “Real-Time Content” segments for Learning 2012, we would love to add some great talent to our team in a variety of roles:
* Research Internships: If you are a Masters or PhD level candidate in the Learning, Education, Technology or HR areas, consider a Research Internship based here in Saratoga Springs. You can work on a learning related research project with Elliott Masie and our Learning CONSORTIUM, or engage in one of our ongoing research projects. In the past, we have hosted Research Interns from Korea, Brazil and other parts of the world, as well as from the United States. This program could begin in the next few weeks or months and extend for several months. An honorarium is available to assist with living expenses. Please send an email with your background and interests to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Learning Leaders: We are looking for one or more learning leaders who can play a key role in helping to design the “Real-Time Content” dimensions of our Learning 2012 event. This year, 15 percent of the content and sessions will be “curated” and designed at Learning 2012 by participants in real time. We are looking for learning leaders with a strong set of facilitation skills and a desire to stretch the boundaries of “Open” Learning to help us in finalizing the plans for our Real-Time Content and to play a co-leadership role in Orlando. It can be a part time assignment or a project role for several months. Please send an email with your background and interests to email@example.com
2. Marathons of Video and Learning? I recently watched almost 20 hours of a television series “Pasta” in just a few days. There is a trend toward “Marathoning”: compressing video consumption of a series into a small amount of time. While it seems strange, it was a wonderful and deeply engaging way to enjoy this series - way more than stretching it out over a year. Marathoning is picking up in a range of video shows as a result of the growth of both on-demand TV from cable networks and the use of Netflix to the screen. I wonder how Marathoning might impact eLearning or online programs. I can imagine a graduate student taking a semester-long online course in a deeply intensive one-week vacation. Or, a certification program being scrunched with Marathoning. Hmmm. I would love to hear your thoughts or reactions. Send me a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. See Collaborator Run! As you may know, we have a very cool new horse named “Collaborator”. He is now in Saratoga Springs, preparing to run in the horse racing season that starts in a few days. Here is a 2 minute video of Collaborator as he does his morning exercise with his trainer Michelle Nihei at 7 am. I’ll let you know the day he runs! Watch at: http://bcove.me/quvjc1rm
Yours in learning,
MASIE Center Seminars, Events and Services:
* Learning 2012 - Oct 21 - 24, 2012 - Orlando, Florida.
* Membership in The Learning CONSORTIUM
Info and Registration: http://www.masie.com - twitter: emasie