Elliott Masie’s Learning TRENDS - March 8, 2017.
#956 - Updates on Learning, Business & Technology Since 1997.
57,616 Readers - www.masie.com - twitter: emasie - The MASIE Center.
1. Curation Futures! Learning Panorama Expands.
2. LMS Reconsideration? Changes Coming.
3. An American in Paris Opens In London!
1. Curation Futures! Learning Panorama Expands: For the past two days, we have hosted 42 learning colleagues from around the world in my Curation & Learning LAB. It has been fascinating to dive deep into Curation - by the learner, by learning designers, by the corporate IT function, and, in the near future, by Machine Learning functionality. We have been exploring the future of Curation as learners’ Panorama of content expands, including more “Open Content”, user created content, and non-L&D content. The conversations are clearly validating the role that Curation will play in the future of Learning. And, our design models, content management, and learning systems will have to adapt.
We sold out the first LAB and are announcing a new edition:
Curation & Learning LAB
May 9 to 11, 2017 at The MASIE Center LAB in Saratoga Springs
Details and Registration: http://www.masie.com
3. LMS Reconsidered? Changes Coming: The conversations about Learning Management Systems continue to reveal a sense of change coming for many Learning Departments. In the past week, I have been chatting with about 10 Learning Leaders who are reflecting on these key questions:
- Talent Systems and LMS: Will the Talent Systems that are coming in to do widespread management of the HR data function take over the LMS role? A number of leaders have been asked to prepare for a possible rapid switch to the Talent system that is inbound.
- LMS Underneath - Innovation in Layers Above: I continue to hear a desire to make the LMS the “aggregator and integrator” down deep, with layers of learning apps, tools, and functionality - including the curation systems we discussed above.
Many Learning TRENDS readers have echoed that in their recent emails. If you can, consider participating in our annual Learning Systems & Tools ‘17 event. We will dive deep on these key issues from April 19th to 20th. Info at http://www.masie.com
3. An American in Paris Opens In London! Excited to be heading to Dublin and then on to London next week for meetings with Learning Colleagues and then to attend the opening of our show, An American in Paris, on the West End.
If you are in Dublin or London and would like to connect for a drink, please send me an email to email@example.com And, if you are in the London area in the months ahead, be sure to head over to see An American in Paris.
Yours in learning,
MASIE Center Seminars, Events and Services:
- Curation & Learning LAB - May 9-11, 2017 Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Learning Systems & Tools ‘17 - April 19 & 20, Chicago, IL.
- Membership in The Learning CONSORTIUM.
- Learning 2017 - October 22 to 25- Orlando, Florida.
Details and Online Registration: http://www.masie.com