Learning TRENDS by Elliott Masie - October 29, 2012.
#756 - Updates on Learning, Business & Technology.
55,869 Readers - www.masie.com - twitter: emasie - The MASIE Center.
Stay Safe, Please! Observe and Share Content Mode Shifts
Many of our Learning TRENDS readers are in the pathway of the huge hurricane/storm Sandy that is about to hit the Eastern part of the United States. As our team from the MASIE Center is heading back to New York after Learning 2012, we hope that all of our colleagues, friends, families and neighbors will be safe in this challenging week.
A personal request! Keep an eye on how our society is using new modes of technologies to enhance learning and support during this storm. For example:
* The American Red Cross has released a Mobile App that includes a request for help, a flashlight app and weather updates.
* Weather and News feeds are being enhanced on the web for those situations where citizens might lose cable but continue to have some access to internet - even through mobile devices.
* I have received over 10 emergency update email messages from utility companies, police and landlords as a means of up-to-the-minute contact.
* Social Media is being leveraged to keep neighbors in touch and updated.
As a learning colleague, would you note the shifts in media, content and community modes and send us a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of all, stay safe.
Yours in learning,
MASIE Center Seminars, Events and Services:
* Learning 2013 - November 2013 - Orlando, Florida.
* Membership in The Learning CONSORTIUM
Info and Registration: http://www.masie.com - twitter: emasie