Learning TRENDS by Elliott Masie - August 9, 2012.
#736 - Updates on Learning, Business & Technology.
55,788 Readers - www.masie.com - twitter: emasie - The MASIE Center.
Host, Learning 2012 - Oct 21 to 24, Orlando, FL - www.learning2012.com
1. Social & Collaborative Learning Designs Infographic.
2. Josh Bersin at Learning 2012 - Cooperating Organization.
3. At-Home Workers & Learning: Are They Different?
1. Social & Collaborative Learning Designs Infographic: The conversation about “Social Learning” is way too fuzzy. Many groups think that Social Learning is about leveraging external Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook) or pointing people to a SharePoint site. We need a richer, broader and more in-depth conversation about this emerging arena.
The MASIE Center has produced a Social & Collaborative Learning Designs infographic, highlighting multiple avenues and pathways organizations are pursuing to reach the goal of “Working Together”.
View and download our Social & Collaborative Learning Design at: http://www.learning2012.com/item/socialcollaborative-learning.html
2. Josh Bersin at Learning 2012 - Cooperating Organization: We are pleased to bring together a rich and diverse set of Thought Leaders at Learning 2012. It has been years since we have worked together and I am looking forward to Josh Bersin joining me in Orlando to discuss key trends and futures in Learning and Talent.
“This is a very exciting time in the corporate learning industry and I look forward to sharing and collaborating with Elliott Masie at Learning 2012”, said Josh Bersin, who will present a research perspective and join me in a General Session dialogue on key factors our field faces.
Bersin & Associates will be a Cooperating Organization at Learning 2012, along with ASTD, ISPI, MPI and other key groups in our industry. Info at http://www.learning2012.com/item/josh-bersin-elliott-masie-dialgoue.html
3. At-Home Workers and Learning: Are They Different? More or Less Learning Activities? Here is a quick question for Learning TRENDS readers:
In your organization, are “at-home” based workers participating in learning and training differently than “at-office” workers? Do they do more or less eLearning, webinars or classroom? And, do they “need” classroom events more, as it provides face-to-face time?
Send me a quick note to firstname.lastname@example.org I’ll print a summary next week.
MASIE Center Seminars, Events and Services:
* Learning 2012 - Oct 21 - 24, 2012 - Orlando, Florida.
* Membership in The Learning CONSORTIUM
Info and Registration: http://www.masie.com - twitter: emasie