Learning TRENDS by Elliott Masie - November 17, 2016
#943 - Learning Curiosity Measure, New TRENDS Server
57,232 Readers - www.masie.com - Twitter: @emasie - The MASIE Center
1. Learning TRENDS - New Server 19 Years Later!
2. Curiosity - We Need a Metric Measure…
3. Learning Innovations LAB Added in February.
1. Learning TRENDS - New Server 19 Years Later! Yes, Learning TRENDS is almost 20 years old. I started it in 1997 as a small email to some colleagues and it has grown into an occasional newsletter that I send out to almost 60,000 learning colleagues around the world.
I have used the same server for these past two decades, but it is time for me to add some small amount of HTML and graphical elements and move towards a more personalized Learning TRENDS in the coming months. So, here it is.
If you have colleagues that would like to receive this free and vendor-neutral Elliott Masie occasional rant, rave and perspective on learning, send them to http://trends.masie.com
2. Curiosity - We Need a Metric Measure… As the author of Big Learning Data, I receive many emails from colleagues with thoughts and ideas about the expanding world of learning data and analytics.
One colleague asked a question about the Measures of Learning Curiosity. She wanted to know if there were any ways to indicate (from the learner themselves or other measures) how curious a person was about a topic they were about to learn. If we had that measure, it might shape the design, format and activities that would be optimal. If the measure were low, it might show a need for some pre-learning intervention.
Does anyone have ideas or research on this? Send me a note to email@example.com
3. Learning Innovations LAB Added in February. Our most popular LAB for Learning Professionals has almost filled up for January 2017. So, we have opened up an additional section:
Learning Innovations LAB
Host: Elliott Masie
February 1 to 3, 2017 - Saratoga Springs, NY USA
Details and online registration at: http://www.masie.com
Yours in Learning,
Host, Learning 2017
MASIE Center Seminars, Events and Services:
- Learning Innovations LAB - Jan 18-20 & Feb 1-3, 2017 Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Membership in The Learning CONSORTIUM.
- Learning 2017- October 22 to 25- Orlando, Florida.
Details and Online Registration: http://www.masie.com
The MASIE Center, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 USA