Learning TRENDS by Elliott Masie - September 26, 2016.
#935 - Updates on Learning, Business & Technology.
57,565 Readers - www.masie.com - twitter: emasie - The MASIE Center.
Host: Learning 2016, Oct 23 to 26, Orlando - 1,327 Colleagues Registered
1. Broadway Stars Perform at Learning!
2. Flea Markets for Learning Resources.
3. Will Workplace Skills and Learning Surface at the Debate?
1. Broadway Stars Perform at Learning! Every year, we bring some of our Broadway performers to our Learning event as part of our design for engagement and enjoyment.
We are honored to announce that Katie Rose Clarke, star of Wicked, Light in the Piazza and more, will be “singing in” several of our Keynote General Session speakers. And, Rumi Oyama, an award winning choreographer and dancer, is creating a new dance about “Character” that will open our session on that topic. More details and a fun video clip at: http://www.learning2016.com/item/broadway
2. Flea Markets for Learning Resources: This weekend, I had fun at a Flea Market here in New York City. It got me thinking about all of the learning suppliers, resources and even technology that are owned but not being used by our companies and our fellow employees. What if each organization had a Learning Flea Market every year (or even more often), where these resources were made available to other employees or to schools, associations and community members. It could be a free or a small donation to a charity. Wow, what a cool reuse of learning resources. We could even have a national Learning Flea Market day. Anyone want to volunteer to help set this up for later this year? Send a note to email@example.com
3. Will Workplace Skills and Learning Surface at the Debate? As we watch the U.S. Presidential Debate tonight, there are several things that I will be watching for, far from any partisan position:
- Focus on Skills, Workplace Learning and Educational Disruption: It will be interesting to see if there are any comments or questions about the skills/learning/job readiness side of the future of the economy. I’m intrigued to hear any mentions of apprenticeships, learning technologies and how we transform our educational/school/learning architecture to face the future.
- Watching the Role of Moderator: As Anderson Cooper will be our keynote speaker at Learning 2016, it will be intriguing to see how each of the moderators facilitate the debate process. Anderson will moderate the debate in early October, and I will be interviewing him about the process of preparing for a debate watched by millions.
Yours in Learning,
MASIE Center Seminars, Events and Services:
- Membership in The Learning CONSORTIUM.
- Learning 2016 - October 23 to 26 - Orlando, Florida.
Info and Registration: http://www.masie.com