Learning TRENDS by Elliott Masie - March 21, 2016.
#910 - Updates on Learning, Business & Technology.
57,232 Readers - www.masie.com - twitter: emasie - The MASIE Center.
Host: Learning Systems: LMS, LCMS, Social & More! April in Chicago.
1. Sleep, Grades, Social Life - Pick Two!
2. Compliance & Learning Concerns, Please!
3. Learning Directions Briefings: Chicago, New York, Los Angeles & Seattle.
1. Sleep, Grades, Social Life - Pick Two! There is a direct relationship between sleep patterns and learning. And, it shows up with clarity on college campuses. We are impressed that Huffington Post is launching a “Sleep Revolution College Tour”, coming this spring to 50 campuses across the United States, drawing on the latest science to raise awareness and spark a national conversation about the importance of sleep and the dangers of sleep deprivation.
To help students embrace sleep as a performance enhancer rather than something that gets in the way of achievement and success, they are working with brands, including Sleep Number, JetBlue, Marriott, Jawbone, Cocomat, Spotify, Lands’ End, Fresh, Sleep Shepherd, Headspace, and others to host “sleep fairs” on campuses to give students tangible tools and data to learn better sleep habits and make small but transformational changes in their lives.
Sleep deficiency can also impact the learning capabilities of adults in the workplace. It is more difficult for employees to learn new content when their sleep balances are off. Family responsibilities, second jobs, sleep apnea and other pressures can leave our employees with attention distractions.
Check out the “Sleep Revolution College Tour” website for some intriguing ideas: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/the-sleep-revolution-college-tour_b_9515194.html
2. Compliance & Learning Concerns, Please! This coming week, our Learning CONSORTIUM will gather 50 learning leaders in Washington, DC to dialogue and discuss the growth of “Compliance and Regulatory” related learning programs. In some industries, there are reports of 40% to 75% of learning programs that are defined by Compliance, Regulatory or Accreditation requirements. We will be exploring ways of adding more efficiency to the learning and assessment dimensions of the compliance reality in our organizations.
I would love to get a list of “Compliance & Learning Concerns” that TRENDS readers might share with us. If you could make an impact on how the learning and assessment side of Compliance and Regulatory effort could evolve, send me a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will share an executive summary of our discussions in several weeks.
3. Learning Directions Briefings in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles & Seattle: Each year, I have the honor of leading 1 day Learning Directions briefings in cities across the United States. Here is the list of our upcoming Learning Directions Programs:
- New York City - June 1st.
- Los Angeles, CA - June 7th.
- Seattle, WA - June 9th.
- Chicago, IL - June 15th.
Learning Directions Briefings have a limited enrollment to keep the discussions interactive and engaging. Details and online registration at: http://www.masie.com
Yours in learning,
Host, Learning 2016
MASIE Center Seminars, Events and Services:
- Learning Innovations LAB - May 17-19 or July 12-14, Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Learning Systems: LMS, LCMS, Social & More! - April 27 and 28, Chicago, IL.
- Learning Directions Briefings: June in New York, Los Angeles, Seattle and Chicago.
- Membership in The Learning CONSORTIUM.
- Learning 2016 - October 23 to 26 - Orlando, Florida.
Info and Registration: http://www.masie.com